3rd April 2020 0 Comments
- Serves: 4
- Cooks in : 1 hour
- Difficulty: Medium
These are great served as a dessert with a dollop of mascarpone or if you’re feeling decadent why not slice them up and mix with some rocket, walnuts, crumbled blue cheese, a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice for a delicious salad.
- • 8 pears (Williams are great if you can get them)
- • 1 lemon, juiced
- • 150ml white wine vinegar
- • 200g caster sugar
- • 250ml water
- • 3 star anise
- • 6 cloves
- • ½ red chill
- Peel the pears, keeping the stalks on.
- Rub with lemon juice, then cut the pears in half and take core out, rub again with lemon juice.
- Add the white wine vinegar, caster sugar, water, star anise, cloves and chilli to a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the prepared pears, cover with greaseproof paper and gently poach for approximately 10- 20 minutes until softened.
- Leave to cool down in the cooking liquor.