Mac n Cheese
3rd April 2020 0 Comments
- Serves: 4
- Cooks in : 2 hrs
- Difficulty: Easy
Enjoy, you’ve just added a whole new factor to a classic, well done!
- • 500g dried macaroni
- • Pinch of salt
- • 150g soft cream cheese
- • 150ml double cream
- • ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder
- • 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- • 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- • ½ teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- • Salt to season to your liking
- • 100g Gouda cheese, grated
- • 100g red Leicester cheese, grated
- • 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan
- Fill a large pan with water, bring to boil then add a pinch of salt.
- Place the macaroni in the water and cook for 12 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the macaroni when cooked and refresh in ice water to cool quickly.
- To make the Gouda drip place cream cheese, double cream, herbs and spices in a large pan. Whisk on a low heat and leave to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the Gouda and red Leicester cheese whilst bringing the sauce back to boil. Leave to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add macaroni to the sauce to warm through.
- Divide into separate serving dishes or one if you’re serving family style.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan over the top and serve with a fresh green salad or fresh vegetables.