3rd April 2020 0 Comments
- Serves: 4
- Cooks in : 3 hours
- Difficulty: Easy
Enjoy right away, but can also be frozen for a treat later!
Beetroot & coconut soup
- • 1kg fresh beetroot
- • 60ml vegetable oil
- • 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- • 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- • 12 sprigs of thyme
- • 60g salted butter
- • 500ml vegetable stock
- • 1 tin of coconut milk
Sweet potato croutons
- • 1 sweet potato
- • 3 tablespoons of cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Wrap beetroot in tin foil and roast in the oven for 1.5 hours until the beetroot is soft.
- Once cooked peel the beetroot and roughly chop.
- In a large pan add the vegetable oil and onion, sweat over a medium heat, add the garlic and cook both until translucent.
- Add potato and thyme to pan, add the butter and gently sauté on a low heat so the potato can absorb all the released sugars from the onions.
- Add the beetroot, vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use a hand blender until smooth.
- Taste and season to your liking.
- To make the sweet potato croutons dice sweet potato into 1 cm cubes, blanch in boiling water until just cooked (approximately 8 min), then drain and dry.
- Toss sweet potato dices through the cornflour and shallow fry. Add the croutons to garnish the soup.