Beer battered onion rings
3rd April 2020 0 Comments
- Makes: 6 onion ring
- Cooks in : 1 hrs
- Difficulty: Easy
Enjoy on their own with some BBQ sauce or have a side dish with a juicy steak! The beer batter is great to use with fish and chips!
- • 250g self-raising flour
- • 100ml chosen ale
- • 150ml soda water
- • 1 teaspoon of white wine or malt vinegar
- • 2 onions
- • 100g plain flour
- • Approximately 500ml vegetable or sunflower oil
- Place the self-raising flour in a large metal mixing bowl and make a well.
- Slowly add the ale, soda water, white wine or malt vinegar into the middle of the well and whisk to a batter consistency. Set this aside for later.
- Chop the onions into rings.
- Preheat vegetable oil or sunflower oil in a pan.
- Flour well with the plain flour. Then coat in the batter.
- Fry onion rings until golden brown, carefully remove from oil using a spider (or a sieve) and lay out on a baking tray lined with kitchen roll to remove oil.
- Carefully remove from the oil using a spider (or a sieve) and lay out on a baking tray lined with kitchen roll to remove oil.