Beef dripping Roast Potatoes
3rd April 2020 0 Comments
- Serves: 6-8
- Cooks in : 1.5 hours
- Difficulty: Medium
Perfect addition to any roast, serve up with springs of rosemary as a side or plated.
- • 2kg Maris Piper potatoes or King Edward potatoes
- • 2 pinches of salt
- • 200ml beef dripping (if unavailable duck fat makes a great substitute!)
- • 4 sprigs fresh rosemary chopped
- • 6g sea salt (we use Maldon sea salt)
- Peel and half the potatoes and place in a pot of cold water and pinch of salt.
- Boil the potatoes until they start to become tender on the outside, but not cooked through to the centre. Drain the potatoes then place them back in the pot with a piece of kitchen towel covering them. Then place the lid back on the pot.This will ensure they continue to cook on the outside, the towel will absorb the moisture.
- After 5-10 minutes with the lid still on, shake them until they fluff up around the edges.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place the potatoes in oven-proof tray, baste the potatoes with the beef dripping, and add a pinch of salt. Place into the oven.
- Move and baste when necessary until golden brown. Add chopped rosemary and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Drain off the fat, plate and season with the sea salt.