3rd April 2020 0 Comments
- Cooks in : 1 hrs
- Difficulty: Medium
Enjoy with a baked ham, a pulled pork burger or some oven-baked chicken wings.
- • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- • 60g onion, minced
- • 15ml olive oil
- • 1 can of Dr Pepper
- • 25ml water
- • 20ml white wine vinegar
- • 475g Heinz tomato ketchup
- • 12g tomato paste
- • 12ml Worcestershire sauce
- • 80g brown sugar
- • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- • Fresh ground pepper to season to your liking
- Using a food processor, blend the garlic and onion into a paste.
- Warm a large pan and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until they start to caramelise.
- Add all the Dr Pepper and leave simmering to reduce by a third.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil, and reduce to a simmer until thickened.
- Season to your liking.