3rd April 2020 0 Comments
- Serves: 8
- Cooks in : 3 hours plus chill time
- Difficulty: Hard
Why not try this served with some spiced poached pear and a scoop of good vanilla ice cream.
- • 200g Digestive biscuits
- • 100g unsalted butter, melted
- • 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- • 4 large eggs
- • 190g caster sugar
- • 1 vanilla bean
- • 100g sour cream
- • 575g full fat cream cheese
- • ½ lemon, juiced
- • 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Blend the biscuits until fine, adding the melted butter and ground ginger.
- Line an 8 inch spring loaded cake tin with oil and greaseproof paper. Spread the biscuit mix on the tray and press evenly.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs and caster sugar and mix until pale in colour. Mix in the vanilla bean paste, sour cream and cream cheese. Then add the lemon juice and mix.
- Pour the cheese mix on top of the biscuit base and spread evenly.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes checking regularly.
- Check that your cheesecake has a wobble before removing from the oven.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate overnight.